Wednesday, September 22, 2010

...at least we won the TAILGATE

Well...I'll start off by saying that I am obviously disappointed with this year's football season so far (the games, not the partying!). But I would like to remind everybody (myself included) that you need to stick by your team in good times and bad. We'll get back to being a good football program soon, it just may take a little time.

That being said, we travelled to Athens this weekend for the UGA vs. Arkansas game. This is probably the biggest home game I will get to go to this year because I have weddings to go to for the next two home games (Tennessee and Vanderbilt). Its weird to think that the next time I'll be in Athens is in November! I took off a half day from work on Friday and Ryals and I hit the road to head to the classic city. We met my parents at LAST RESORT for lunch on Friday around 1 PM. I just love that place - I had the black bean crepes and they did not disappoint! Friday was spent walking around downtown, shopping and taking it all in. We hit up East West Bistro Friday afternoon for happy hour! So nice that I wasn't working - I indulged in a glass of vino.

Friday night we went to a wine tasting event at the Vet School to benefit the Bulldog Rescue. Outside the vet school, there were table set up with all different types of wine as well as raffle prizes and a big spread of appetizers. It was nice to relax outside and sample the vino and app's. There were some really cute dogs there and I made friends with a cute doberman pinscher puppy:



I just loved him! I could have taken him home! We also got to hang out with Russ, the Uga stand in for the time being:



After a few hours of that, we went back downtown and ate some dinner @ East West (can you see a trend here? We LOVE that place). The rest of the night was spent @ Hotel Indigo to see the Swinging Medallions play! It was so fun - that will make the 2nd time I have seen them in concert. Hotel Indigo is a really cool place to hang out - they even had a complimentary trolley that took us home!

We got up uber early on Saturday to prepare for the tailgate. We were at the FIJI house by 8 am...blahhhhhh. Tailgate was set up in record time. Our friends, the Stevens who own Chick Fil A franchises help out with the tailgate and they brought a huge spread of Chick Fil A. We even got to sample the new Spicy Chicken Biscuits (which will not be available to the public until January). I <3 tailgating!

Jeff and Courtney came to Athens - yay! I miss them and can't wait for her to move to Atlanta:



The game was spent alternating time between sitting with my parents in club level and hanging out with Ryals' dad's crew in the sky box (not too shabby!). The game itself was not so good - the last few minutes were quite exciting when we made a bigtime comeback and the crowd got really cranked up. Then, Arkansas scored and that was that...boooo. But all in all, we had a great time!





I cried all the way back to the tailgate where everybody met back up for drinks, food and more college football.

Saturday night we freshened up and hit DePalma's on the East side to spend time with Ryals' dad, his girlfriend and the Butlers. After that, we went back downtown and headed over to Reds (formally known as Basil Press) to watch the rest of the football games with Jeff and Courtney. That place is crazy - there are literally TV's on every single wall. How about those Auburn Tigers? I can't believe that - we watched that game and then called it a night out of sheer exhaustion.

Sunday was spent at Porterhouse brunch ($10 all you can eat, don't mind if I do). I had a celebrity siting at Porterhouse - I saw Aaron Murray (UGA's new starting quarterback). I told him what a great game he played and he thanked me - he also told me he is going to give me free sideline passes for life (not). R and I drove back to Atlanta. We stopped at the Georgia Club on the way (off of 316 right outside of Athens) and walked around the grounds, looked at houses and took a stroll through the clubhouse - very very nice! Sunday afternoon/night we took a long walk up in Brookhaven around the new development and looked at/critiqued houses. We finished off the run at Yoforia (yum) which ended up being my dinner. Not a bad way to end up the weekend!

I am looking forward to this weekend in St. Simon's where I will get to see the Roberts and go to some of my favorite places!

No comments:

Post a Comment