Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Festivus for the Rest of Us!

Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me...hahahaha. Okay so I wanted to go ahead and thank everyone for my birthday wishes! I had such a great weekend and I don't feel so bad about 26 anymore...Since Ryals and I have been dating, we have decided to have a "festivus" 4-day long celebration for our birthdays. I did the same thing for him and so he followed suit this past week!

Thursday night we did dinner at our favorite place, Lobster Bar, and I am obsessed! Ryals had a nice Buckhead Life gift card, so I was pumped we go to use that. They are doing a great special right now for a 3 course dinner for $49.

Friday my family came into town. We did some shopping and then headed to Kevin Rathbun Steak for a wonderful time down in Inman Park. I don't spend a lot of time in that area of town, but I think we should all start! We ended up sitting on their patio and it was a beautiful night. Man, I'm realizing that we did a lot of eating this weekend!

Saturday was literally the worst weather I have seen in a while! I couldn't believe it either, because we had been planning for MONTHS to go to Chastain Park Ampitheatre to see one of our favorite bands, Hall & Oates! They sing lots of songs that you would know, like this song and this song and they are just a great 80's band! So pretty much all day Saturday was a big confusion with whether or not we were actually going to brave the outdoor concert setting or not. Well, it got to be around 4:30 and we decided sure let's go sit out in the rain and brave it. So I went to Publix and packed us a little picnic and we were on our way! Well, we got there and it was raining so we put up our umbrellas and donned our rain boots, but it didn't last long. Our seats were the BEST in the house. We ended up dancing in the aisles and stayed until the very end! It was wonderful - I had a blast!





Sunday we did lunch and opened presents! My parents got me an R. Wood butter dish (so cute - my collections is almost complete), some clothes and a really adorable dress from Heery's (don't worry - I'll be wearing it to one of Meredith's wedding events fo' sho). Ryals surprised me with a new watch! Here it is:



He also got me a really sweet Columbia women's fishing shirt (so fratty!) in the color watermelon, some candy and some new tupperware (haha-I know it is random but it is something that I am using with my new diet). He is such a good present-giver!

Monday night was the final night of Festivus. All of the girls, their men and then a few others went to Verde up in Brookhaven for some Mexican cuisine to celebrate me and Wesley's birthdays! I had such a great time and it was a great way to get everyone together!

That's it! Hope 27 is just as good!

No comments:

Post a Comment