Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Weekend Finds: Downtown Blueridge

This weekend, the Stones hit the road to head up to lovely Lake Blueridge to celebrate my dad's birthday (a little early - we are missing it this weekend for a wedding). We planned on watching football during the day on Saturday, but since many of the big games didn't come on until later in the afternoon, mom and I made our way to downtown to shop a little bit!! Check out everything I found - downtown was CRAZY busy!

The first store we walked in to was an art gallery, featuring local artists. I took a photo of this installation because I thought I could use these pieces for my job. This artwork was very reasonably priced and would look great in the main lobby of an office building. I am always looking for pieces like this!


I loved this beautiful hand-made cuff bracelet!


This serving platter was cute!


The next store we went in has a TON of jewelry (most of it from the mart) and I usually don't find anything in there. I did love this necklace - the color is unique and I thought the little flower broach was nice!


This boutique has the best stuff! I loved this dress - how perfect would this be for an Auburn game?


***Side note: I ran into this little puppy a few stores later and almost died at how cute he was! 11 weeks old! He licked me in the face and was so cute!!


We went in to Wrapsody in Blue - I always love the things that Michael has in his store. I found quite a few lovelies:

This frame is so cute - I saw a mirror on One King's Lane that matched it!


Speaking of mirrors, I think I have a problem - I am obsessed.



I really loved these architectural prints - I don't really have anywhere to put them, but I loved the pattern. Maybe one day they will be mine! {there are 2 other coordinates}


This was a neat piece of artwork. I liked the ironwork on the distressed wood. This too had a coordinate that went with it.


I. LOVE. THIS. COFFEE. TABLE. Spoiler alert - I think that Santa may be bringing it to me! Not a great picture, but the detail on the side is fun and I love the herringbone pattern of the wood on the top! Pretty sure that this will be in our home come Christmas time!


Here is a better picture of it from the company's website:


Threads is a great store - they sell a lot of Free People and Frye Boots. Here is a cute tunic that I thought wss fun!


Orange Skinny Jeans - they also had PLATINUM skinny jeans that would be great for the holidays.


Gawdy Baubbles sounds like a stupid name for a store, but had some amazing pieces. The artist is local and can make jewelry to your liking! Loved this simple cross bracelet:


These pillows were not for sale, even though I tried to take them off her hands:


Gatewood Hall is my favorite. Here are some things I found in there!

I have a thing for owls. I am glad they are in style.


We desparately need a little accent table to put next to our sectional sofa. This little guy will do the trick! The thing about sectionals is, you really need some places to put drinks, books, etc. while you are sitting on them. I totally see why Lazy Boy installs cup holders in their furniture (Ryals don't get any ideas).


Liked this chair. What's with the British invasion pillow?


When I first looked at this print, I thought it was your typical egg print. However, on further inspection, it is actually a PECAN! Love it.



That's it on the shopping - lots of great ideas and things to buy!

Now, here is a cute picture of Georgie watching football (she is hiding in the bottom right corner) :)
{this was during the LSU Florida game - Georgie was too distraught to be photographed during the UGA USC game}.


No comments:

Post a Comment