Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A West Wesley Christmas

Sunday night before Christmas, Ryals and I headed back to Atlanta to have Christmas dinner/celebration with his mother's side of the family. I was so thankful to get to finally get to meet some of his aunts, uncles and cousins I had never met!

Aunt Lisa and Uncle Herbert live off of West Wesley. Their house is amazing - I could literally move in that place as-is. We arrived to find that their house is home to two dogs, a few chickens and two GOATS. On top of that, Aunt Lisa is about to buy approximately 20,000 BEES to become a beekeeper...who knew that just off of Peachtree you could find all these interesting creatures!? I LOVED it!

Me and Aunt Lisa playing with the animals...totally didn't know when we took the photo that the GOAT was eating out of the cereal:



Aww I love them!



Whoa now, crazy!



Not so sure about this...



We enjoyed a delicious dinner of homemade lasagna, salad and a yummy trifle for desert. Afterwards we took a tour of the house with Uncle Herbert and got to see many of their family photos and artwork (including a few PENLEYS...swoon). Since Ryals' mother passed away when he was younger, it was so special to get to see photos of her and hear about the type of lady that she was...I think Ryals gets a lot of his sweet traits from her according to what all I have heard!

Next up...Rome Christmas!!

Bye Bye!!




XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

2 comments: