Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Adventures in Cham-bodia

Last night I had the pleasure of joining two of my friends from work (Jennifer and Beth) and one of our former employees (Dale) for dinner a la Buford Highway. Dale was our former IT/AutoCAD guru and still drops by the office from time to time. He is moving to Asheville in a few weeks, so we wanted to catch up with him before he heads out. Dale lives in Chamblee and recommended that we meet up to have dumplings at one of his favorite restaurants, Chef Liu. Being that Buford Highway can get somewhat sketchy the further you go, I was skeptical at first. But I was assured that this place is legit. After we scheduled the dinner, I opened an old issue of Southern Living and saw that it was featured in the magazine under an article about hidden places on Buford Highway to eat!

Here is what it looks like from outside...



Upon entering, I noticed that the restaurant was very busy and consisted mostly of families from the area dining in. We were seated at a table by the window by a lady who spoke little english.



We left the ordering up to Dale, who ordered a spread of food for the table. The food was brought out quickly and in courses. The first thing we got was Leek Pie. This is one of the dishes that was featured in the Southern Living article and let me tell you, it was the BEST. We had 4 orders of this!



We also ordered wonton soup, chicken and corn dumplings, "soup" dumplings (dumplings that are filled with a broth that you have to eat with a spoon) and lamb skewers. OMG is all I could say! It was delicious and the best part was for a huge meal that left me stuffed we only paid around $9 a person!

"Soup" Dumplings



Lamb Skewers - Yum!



Chicken and Corn Dumplings - all steamed and pretty healthy!



I'm thinking we need to go back for Monday Night Girl's Dinner soon!!

XOXOXOXO

1 comment: